Happy Chinese New Year everyone! I was so drowsy on my flu medication that I was knocked out cold in bed hahahahaha.
Day 24: “What Attracts You (In Love)”
I stumbled upon this article on huffingtonpost.com titled “The 11 Most Attractive Things Men Do Without Realizing”. I’m totally agreeable with all that’s on the list. It’s the little things that count!
1. Be kind, especially to strangers. Whether that’s tipping the delivery guy extra when it’s raining, pulling over to help someone with car trouble or holding the door open for someone with their hands full. (I shall add here: must be kind to waiters.) As one user wrote, “Catching you doing something that shows your character… sexiest thing ever.”
2. Laugh out loud. Because who isn’t attracted to someone who finds joy and humor in the world? For one Redditor, “Genuine, uncontrollable laughter makes me want to kiss them.”
3. Roll up their shirtsleeves. Redditors love forearms, which are “the equivalent of boobs for women” and “swoon-worthy.”
4. Go gooey-eyed. The way someone looks at you can be very telling. One Redditor loves “When [your partner's] eyes get all sparkly when they first see you” — who wouldn’t?
5. Speak passionately. Commenters on the thread were in agreement that the topic is less important than the way they talk about or argue for it. One user wrote: “When my [significant other] talks excitedly about anything he cares about, even if it isn’t really one of my interests, it is insanely attractive to me.”
6. Hold a conversation. Being able to make “intelligent conversation” is a seriously underrated point of attraction. (For anyone who needs help, there’s an app for that.)
7. Concentrate hard. “I love the look a guy has on his face when he is trying to figure something out,” one user wrote. No know-it-alls required.
8. Cook. One Redditor explained how watching her partner cook was a huge turn-on:
I f**king LOVE watching my boyfriend cook. I can stand there and watch him all day long. He’s bustling around, chopping veggies and putting dry rub on meats and stirring things around in a pan, all confident and sure-like. He thinks he’s just making dinner. What he doesn’t know is that by the time the meal is ready, after watching him be so competent and unself-conscious and focused on making the food, I want to rip his clothes off and have my way with him first, and eat dinner later.
9. Use eye contact, “especially when there’s a bunch of pretty girls around.” Knowing that someone is giving you their full attention is a huge plus.
10. Be thoughtful. One user appreciates a guy “sending a text out of the blue to say you’re thinking of me or sending a text in regards to something I said in passing.” Forwarding an article you think might interest someone, remembering a difficult anniversary or wishing someone luck at a big meeting — all small things that make a huge difference.
11. Hug from behind. According to one user, “It’s cute, and it makes us feel safe.” And who doesn’t like hugs in general?
Click here to view the original post.
Let me go ahead and add a few more:
12. Love animals. I love a guy who loves his pets. It’s especially adorable when they coo dogs/cats.
13. Put effort into grooming/dressing up. Nothing fancy required really, but looking sloppy when we’re out is a major turn off.
14. Forehead kisses. For when I’m feeling sad/lonely/bitter/sad, a kiss on my forehead makes me feel loved and cared for.